Ep.025 How To Be An Effective Leader with Greg Layton
If you’ve ever struggled with your role as a leader, my guest has you covered. Greg Layton of The Chief Maker Podcast has coached high level leaders all over the globe including Target, Commonwealth Bank, CIMIC, and Sydney Water to name a few.
Greg believes you don’t have to sell your soul to become a CEO. In fact, the future chiefs will be those that are very well connected to their mission.
Greg says you can be bulletproof, and he shares how! He also believes it’s a leader’s responsibility to perfect his or her craft and breaks down the GREAT Method:
- Game plan
- Routines – habits
- Entourage – network/peers
- Assets – skills, tech, tactile
- Track record
According to Greg, great chiefs never accept the status quo.
Favorite takeaways include:
- How to stay in a reflective state
- The dip everyone goes through
- How to create a safe space for your team to learn and fail
- Determining high risk and low capability
- How he created The Chief Maker
Want to connect with Greg? Find him here:
His website: Chiefmaker.com.au
Listen to his podcast: Chief Maker Podcast