Ep.027 How To Use Your Difference To Make A Difference
with Tayo Rockson
Tayo Rockson is an international influencer having given 3 TedX talks, spoken in front of the united Nations Special Summit, contributing to Forbes and Huffington Post. He was also named “Top Millennial To Watch” by New Theory Magazine. Needless to say I’m a little excited to have him on the show.
Tayo is the son of a diplomate and a Nigerian citizen that found himself living between cultures and trying to fit in to the world around him. In this very casual, candid conversation Tayo shares stories from his childhood that shaped him and the accident that propelled him forward.
My favorite takeaways include:
- educate, perpetuate and communicate
- why do you believe what you believe?
- putting people in boxes
- do you live your values?
- being intentional about your self-education
- the danger of losing your rights because of your gender, race, or sexual orientation
- why racial jokes are dangerous to cross cultural relationships
Join me on Monday Sept. 23 at The Last Bookstore in Los Angeles. Grab your tickets here
Grab Tayo’s book Use Your Difference To Make A Difference